Friday, January 25, 2013

Dear YOU: Musings of the Other Half

No. Now is not the right time to rant or be emo.  Now is the time to read my Finance case about capital budgeting and discount rates whatever. It's the right time to set my schedule and gear myself for another hectic month. Now is the time to have a good night sleep - something that I have been depriving myself since week forgotten.  Nevertheless, I want to tell you something.  No, not just something, I want to tell you a lot of things.  I thought I am good at spontaneous communication but you proved me wrong.  So here, I am, writing a new blog post in an ungodly hour.



Dear YOU,

I love you.

I can't remember the kind of life I had before you, or before "us".  You changed my life in every significant way that you can.  Indeed, I had the most wonderful 2 years and 10 months of my life.  It was a period of happiness and temporary fulfillment for a dreamer like me- a happy family, a stable academic standing, good friends and YOU. This week, I realized a lot of things.  Things that I should've realized have I been more sensitive and careful.  You didn't say it, but I realized that I am not treating you the way that you should be treated.  You see, you gave my life a different meaning; you made my life no less than wonderful.  Right now, I feel so unbecoming to deserve your time, attention and love. You invested so much patience in me and maybe you spoiled me into like a little brat that would just act anything without even thinking about it first.

I am sorry.

If there are words that would convey a heavier meaning than that, I would use it.  I am sorry.  I am sorry for not being the way I ought to be.  You heard a lot of unmeant words from me- words that were just side effects of my overpowering emotions. You endured my abrupt decisions.  You suffered a lot.  I am sorry. I don't know how long can you hold on.  Right now,  I am imagining you hanging in the edge of the cliff.  I am afraid you'd fall out for me.  But you always say you won't.

Thank you.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I couldn't imagine life without you.  It would be devastating. Thank you for letting me feel that I am the most beautiful girl in the world.  Thank you for letting me feel like a princess.  Thank you because you came right when I was about to think that love is just a fancy utopia.  I know our journey is like a roller coaster ride of emotions but again thank you because throughout that journey, you never left me.  I promise...yes, I seldom promise, but right now, this is worth-promising... I promise to be a better person for you, to make this a two-way process, to make you feel more loved.  I promise to give you the treatment that a person like you deserves. Just give me some time.

Uncertainty is something very evident especially in a relationship like ours. It is a double-edged sword- it can bring happiness and excitement but at the same time, it can be very jeopardizing that it can shatter the "us" that we've been holding on for so long. Whatever it is, know that I am with you.  Please don't forget that you didn't choose this path, WE did. It may not be a beautiful and worry-free road but trailing with you makes every difficulty unimportant.

This post may end here but this thing called "love" that I have for you will stay for as long as forever exists.

<3,
DMD

No comments:

Post a Comment