Friday, December 14, 2012

UP Lantern Parade 2012

I don't know why but the annual Lantern Parade in the University of the Philippines Diliman makes me fall in love with UP again.  Since my freshie year, I never missed a Lantern Parade and I don't intend to miss any in the years to come. So here are some of the pictures I took for this year's parade. HAHA. You see, taking beautiful shots is not my cup of tea.  Worse, I don't have a DSLR or even a digital camera with me so you shouldn't expect high quality photos. HAHA. Sorry! :)
EPIC CROWD!
The Lantern of my beloved college, UP College of Business Administration, deserves a place in this post. :) GO CBA! <3
The entry of the UP Students of Destiny (UP SOD).  If I am not mistaken, this is an Oble made of glass (or not?). I was amazed by the glamor of this entry.  Not only that, the UP SOD played Christmas songs throughout the parade. One can really feel the Christmas spirit!
Honestly, I don't know this man but I really appreciate the fact that he posed in front of the camera.  He is from the College of Fine Arts (CFA). :)
Now CFA, as always, made an array of beautiful lanterns! Here are some of them:

This year, I spent my Lantern Parade with three of my closest friends Criselle, Yang and Jacky.  Unfortunately, Criselle had to leave early to do some org works so we weren't able to take a picture together.  But here are Jacky and Yang!
With Jacky. Oh, and those kiss marks? Well, you know, some big guy kissed us. HAHA!
Yang and I together with this pretty white lady from CFA!
Trivia: Since our freshie days, Yang and I always go to the Lantern Parade together. #clingyyy :)

So that was my Lantern Parade 2012 experience.  For me, this event showcases the diversity of the different colleges and sectors in the university and how well this diversity blends together.  Every "entry" is a creative depiction of a message to the public.  In the end, the UP academic oval became an avenue of colors and Christmas spirit. 'Til next year, Lantern Parade!



Oh and before I get this one off my face,
last shot! This one's for vanity sake. :)))


Stay happy,
DMD









No comments:

Post a Comment