Friday, August 17, 2012

Withered


I used to be dancing at the top,
with the winds that tickle my body,
birds that hum melody,
sun that shows my radiant beauty,
or rain that leaves dewdrops on my skin,
fruits that almost mimic my color
and brightens day by day,
nests that find comfort with my foliage
and branches that seldom dance with me
as I watched how buildings grow
like the pile of garbage across the street,
how vehicles run and blow black smokes,
how people walk hurriedly,
how people stroll,
how they throw an annoying guffaw,
how they can be so silent
and can be so calm
when they sleep beneath my shades
until the wind that used to tickle my body
shook me hardly,
the branches that seldom dance
removed its hold from me,
what they call “gravity”
drove me down
and the soils of the Earth
caught me
and gave
me a place
 to
rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment